China will own America if Joe Biden gets elected, says Donald Trump
• On the final day of four-day virtual Democratic National Convention on Thursday,
Biden accepted the Democratic Party’s nomination as the Presidential
• President Donald Trump on Friday said China will own the US if his democratic rival Joe Biden is voted to power in the November 3 Presidential elections.
• Trump said the biggest thing about his challenger's speech was the issues that he did not talk about, including China, “It’s time to reject the anger and the hate of the Democratic Party. We have the biggest election coming up of our lifetime.
No party can build America that spends so much time tearing down America.
But, the biggest part of last nights speech was what Joe Biden didn’t talk about.
He didn’t talk about law enforcement. He didn’t talk about bringing safety to
Democrat-run cities that that is totally out of control and they have no clue,” Trump said in his address to the 2020 Council for National Policy.
• “China was never mentioned in any way, shape, or form. China will own our country if he gets elected. They're going to own our country and we’re not going to let that happen. You’re going to have to learn to speak Chinese, you want to know the truth,” he added.
• The President was asked about a recent intelligence report that concluded China would prefer that Biden win the November presidential election. “They’ll own the
The United States if he wins, and with me, they were having the worst year in 67
years because I terrified the hell out of them,” Trump said. He added it would be very insulting if China wanted him to win the elections.
• The Biden campaign slammed Trump over his remarks. “As a consequence of
Trump’s failures, by every metric, China's position is stronger and ours is
diminished,” Andrew Bates, director of rapid response for the Biden campaign.
“Trump has been the weakest President in history of America with respect to China,” he added.
• Polling in recent months has generally shown that Americans think Biden would handle US relation with China better than Trump. Meanwhile, Trump is trailing Biden badly in the national polls.
Reporter: Shriya Dwarakanath